Zespri’s current share statistics
- There are currently 120,717,335 shares on issue in Zespri Group Limited.
- Of this total, around 15 percent of the shares are held by people who are no longer connected with the industry.
- Around five percent of the total shareholding is what we term ‘misaligned’. The shares are held in the name of a different entity to the entity that produces fruit for supply to Zespri (but the two entities are related). These misaligned shareholders are considered to be dry shareholders or non-producers.
- Eight percent of shares held by producers who are over the four-to-one share cap that Zespri is proposing in its amended Constitution. These shares are what we term ‘overshared’.
- 29 percent of shares are owned by producers are below the one-to-one ratio of shares to production, which we term ‘undershared’.
- 43 percent of shares are owned by producers above the one-to-one ratio of shares to production but below the share cap of four-to-one, which we term ‘aligned’.
- An average of 46 million trays were produced for supply to Zespri over the last few seasons (being 32 percent of total trays produced for supply in 2016/17) by growers who do not currently own shares in the company.
*A relatively small amount of shares (in addition to non-producers’ shares), less than one percent, do not have votes associated with them. This may include cases where the owner of the shares has orchard/s that are not yet producing, or where the shares belong to a lessee but the corresponding production is assigned to the entity who owns the land.
TOTAL SHARES ON ISSUE